History of Our School
In 1948 (2nd February) our school was started. The location where our school was at somewhat way from we are now. It was called “Unit”. After few years later school was established where we now. The previous name of us was R/Horanekarakanda Government school (Vidyalaya). In the middle of decade 70s the ordinary level was started. On 1986 our school’s name was changed as R/Pebotuwa Vidyalaya. From 1986 the name of us could use as R/Pebotuwa Maha Vidyalaya because of we were able to start Advance level class. During year of 70 – 90 our school was developed. There are more halls that we received during that period.
Special Opportunities in our past
- In 1948 our school was started as R/Horanekarakande Government school.
- In 1959 school was placed where it is now.
- In 1972 Ordinary Level class was started.
- In 1986 Advance Level class was started.
- In same year our school name was changed as R/Pebotuwa Maha Vidyalaya.
- We could provide University students from 1987.
- In 1991 We were included the best result of O/L in our District
- In 1994 we have won selecting Famous school competition conducted by Dinamina Newspaper.
- In 1995 we received O/L Science Laboratory
- In 2003 we received Multi Medea Room
- In 2004 we received Computer Unit.
- In 2011 we have won Palasapiri pasal award conducted by provincial education department
- In 2012 we received a complete computer unit by Rill Trust Pvt Company.
- In 2012 we received mighty mice computer unit.
- In 2012 we have won Palasapiri pasal award conducted by provincial education department
- In 2013 we have won the best English Activity Room in our Education zone
- In 2013 we received Nenasa TV
- In 2013 we have won Palasapiri pasal award conducted by provincial education department
Name of our Principal
|3||Mr.M.W.Jayasooriya||1972 – 1988|
|4||Mr.D.M.Nihal Erabadda||1988 – 2002|
|5||Mr.A.W.M.G.Bandara||2002 – 2006|
|7||Mr.Sanath Kumarage (Present Principal)||2009 – to now|